Solution 38
Ordering Credit Reports from Outside the United States

It can sometimes be difficult to obtain your credit reports while living outside of the country. If you have family or friends back in the states who are taking care of your affairs, you may consider asking them to write to the Credit Reporting Agencies (CRAs) for you, utilizing the information in Letter Form 124C. Activity duty military living on base in a foreign country may use this same form as well.

If you are an American citizen not in the military, and you would like to request your credit reports, you will need to write to the three CRAs and send them a package of information proving your identity. If the country you are in has an equivalent of Certified Mail and/or Return Receipts, make sure you send your package that way so that you can track it.

Your cover letter should include:

Include in your package:

Related Resources:

LF 124C - Request a 90-Day Fraud Alert

FS 100 - Financial Identity Theft: The Beginning Steps

FS 124 - Fraud Alerts and Credit Freezes

This fact sheet should not be used in lieu of legal advice. Any requests to reproduce this material, other than by individual victims for their own use, should be directed to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.