Accounting & Finance Manager
Employment Status: Regular, Full-Time
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
About Identity Theft Resource Center:
The Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC) is a non-profit organization established to support victims of identity theft and cybercrime in resolving their cases, and to broaden public education and awareness in the understanding of identity theft, data breaches, cybersecurity, scams/fraud and privacy issues.
ITRC serves as a relevant national resource on consumer issues related to cybersecurity, data breaches, fraud, scams and other issues.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, and serving as an integral member of the management team, the Finance Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining efficient and effective financial operations, overseeing day-to-day bookkeeping responsibilities, preparing various financial statements for the organization, and ensuring that appropriate policies, procedures and internal controls are maintained to safeguard the organization and facilitate effective non-profit financial management.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Month-end and year-end closing.
- Preparation of quarterly financial reports for the board of directors and monthly financial reports for Executive Team.
- Preparation of depreciation schedules and allocation schedules for expenses.
- Preparation of audit materials and coordination with CPA during annual audit process.
- Updating, creating, and implementing fiscal policies and procedures.
- Reviewing grant budget spends and tracking grant income and expenditures against approved grant budgets to ensure continued compliance with approved budgets and applicable federal grant regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with three to five years of experience in nonprofit accounting/finance and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Adobe programs and accounting software.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ITRC.
Attitudes, behaviors, and traits:
- Accountability for results.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process development.
- Detail oriented, efficient, and accurate.
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Professional, effective communicator.
- Proven team player; ability to collaborate and engage all internal/external stakeholders.
ITRC provides medical insurance as well as paid leave and holidays. The annual salary for this position is $60,000.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Writing samples and reference letters encouraged. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No phone calls, walk-ins or recruiters, please.
ITRC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.