Job Title: Communications Specialist – Copywriting & Public Relations
Reports To: Vice President of Communications
Summary: Coordinate public relations activities to maximize the organization’s position with its audiences. Draft, edit and finalize content for all stakeholder audiences including, but not limited to, sponsor deliverables, public relations materials, marketing collateral digital content, fact sheets, how-to guides, etc. Manage media relations and serve as the primary point-of-contact for media. Provide support to the executive team and stakeholders on deliverables as needed for reputation management.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Build and maintain relationships with members of the media; handle incoming media requests including analysis of alignment with organization’s key messaging and mission, outlet assessment and audience viability; maintain media database.*
- Manage, under the direction of the vice president of communications, all public relations efforts to ensure the organization’s reputation, mission and services are appropriately communicated to all stakeholder groups. Activities can include but are not limited to media/analyst relations, campaign development, execution and review; research and report development; awards submissions, outreach and events; presentation scheduling and other functions as assigned. *
- Draft, edit and finalize for distribution all public relations communications materials in accordance with AP Style and communications best practices*
- Draft, edit and finalize all marketing content including e-newsletters, corporate materials, presentations, fact sheets, website content, advertising copy as well as other deliverables as defined by the executive team as part of cross-functional teams*
- Assist with administration and management of the Communications Committee of the Board of Directors, developing and executing recommended strategies for communication tactics that align with the organizations mission and goals*
- Track key performance indicators and success metrics of communication plans based on annual goals and communicate progress on communication plans to appropriate stakeholders*
- Provide mentorship to junior members of the Communications team as appropriate*
- Perform any additional duties as requested by Executive team*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor degree required with emphasis in public relations, journalism or integrated marketing communications; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient in AP Style and public relations tactics. Previous experience with Cision, PRWeb, PR Newswire, Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Wrike, Asana preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write detailed, tailored correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, capable of mastering use of CRM platform, Acrobat creative suite, social media platforms, project management tools and other programs necessary to operation of the organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, type, and use hands. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
- AP Style: 3 years (Preferred)
- Public Relations: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location