Director of Communications
Employment Status: Regular, Full-Time
Reports To: Senior Director of Communications
About the Identity Theft Resource Center:
The Identity Theft Resource Center is a non-profit organization established to support victims of identity theft in resolving their cases, and to broaden public education and awareness in the understanding of identity theft, data breaches, cybersecurity, scams/fraud and privacy issues.
The ITRC conducts training and presentations on best practices and risk reduction for both businesses and consumers, provides best-in-class victim assistance at no charge to consumers throughout the United States, educates consumers, corporations, government agencies, and other organizations on best practices for fraud and identity theft detection, reduction and mitigation, and serves as a relevant national resource on consumer issues related to cybersecurity, data breaches, social media, fraud, scams and other issues.
The Director of Communications provides the fulfillment of ITRC’s corporate sponsorship agreements, assists with execution of ITRC’s communication plan, and provides outreach in the form of presentations regarding identity theft issues and risk minimization techniques in the greater San Diego community. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who enjoys wearing many hats and is excited to join a hard-working, mission-driven team.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with sponsor counterparts to define deliverables and goals related to sponsorship contracts. Supporting the on-boarding of new sponsors, sponsorship fulfillment of existing sponsors, and reengagement of corporate partners.
- Assisting with development and execution of advertising/communication plans and strategy for ITRC services.
- Tracking analytics and success of communication plans and communicating progress on communication plans to appropriate partners.
- Providing community outreach by maintaining existing and providing content for new in-person or web-based presentations upon request.
- Seeking out opportunities for community based presentations and partnerships with outreach organizations.
- 3-plus years’ experience in communications
- Successful track record of maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- 1-plus years’ experience in public speaking
- Experience with providing video content creation and editing a plus
- Experience supporting grant writing development a plus
ITRC provides medical insurance as well as paid leave and holidays. The annual salary for this position is $50,000.
ITRC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.