This Halloween, don’t let the kids have all the scary fun. You might find yourself in a Haunted House this Halloween, but we’re talking about something even spookier than ghosts or goblins: identity theft.
Co-hosted by @CyberScout, this informative chat will show you how to avoid the tricks and enjoy all the treats of your own personal data security.There’s no better time for this chat, given that October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. NCSAM is a comprehensive month-long event that looks at cybersecurity in every format: home, business, mobile devices, and even family.
Participating in this Twitter event couldn’t be easier. On October 31st at 10 am PT / 1 pm ET, log into your Twitter account and search for the #IDTheftChat hashtag. Be sure to add the hashtag to all of your tweets so that other participants can see your comments and questions. Engage with fellow users by answering questions and using your most bewitching GIFs!
We hope you will join us and take advantage of this spooky-good discussion. Be sure to follow the Identity Theft Resource Center on Twitter all year long at @ITRCSD to stay on top of the latest information concerning your data and identity.
Spread the word with these promotional tweets:
- Join us if you dare… Trick or Tweet with @ITRCSD @CyberScout for #IDTheftChat on 10/31 at 10 am PT/ 1 pm ET
- This Halloween we’re talking about something spookier than ghosts & goblins. Join #IDTheftChat 10/31 at 10 am PT/1 pm ET @ITRCSD@CyberScout
- Identity Theft: Tales from the Crypt. Join a haunted #IDTheftChat with @ITRCSD @CyberScout on 10/31 at 10 am PT/ 1 pm ET
- A digital black cat may cross your path this Halloween. Tips for protecting your online identity at #IDTheftChat 10/31 at 10 am PT/ 1 pm ET
- BYOB (Bring Your Own Broom) for a wicked #IDTheftChat on Halloween with @ITRCSD @CyberScout 10/31 at 10 am PT/ 1 pm ET
Contact the Identity Theft Resource Center for toll-free, no-cost assistance at (888) 400-5530. For on-the-go assistance, check out the free ID Theft Help App from ITRC.