Summer is here and though the kids may be on vacation, hackers certainly are not. According to the Identity Theft Resource Center’s Breach List and Data Report, data thieves have been working as hard as ever to get the personal identifying information of millions of Americans in 2015. Year-to-date, the 2015 ITRC Breach List has captured 400 breaches, spread across five industry sectors.
This weekly Data Breach Report is used by experts throughout the world to keep a finger on the pulse of the latest data breaches. During July’s #IDTheftChat, we will be taking a closer look at the ITRC Breach Report and providing insight into trends and important statistics from 2015, as well as past years. We will be joined by Byron Acohido, the Editor-in-Chief of Third Certainty as our co-host. As an award-winning journalist and renowned security expert, Byron will be providing excellent insight and answers to participants questions.
This #IDTheftChat will take place at 12:00 pm PST / 3:00 pm EST on July 2nd 2015. Here are the questions for July’s chat:
- What trends are you seeing in data breaches right now?
- What are some concerns for businesses protecting their data?
- What future trends in data breaches do you predict?
- What should a business do if they have been breached?
- What are some ways for a business to monitor if they have been breached?
- What issues (financial, legal, etc) do businesses face if they are breached?
- How can consumers monitor if their information has been stolen in a breach?
- What should a consumer do if they receive a data breach notification?
In order to participate, users should follow the hashtag #IDTheftChat . Those who would like to participate can RSVP via online invitation. Anyone is welcome and we hope we will see consumers, businesses and organizations alike! Participants may find it helpful to participate through the #IDTheftChat TweetChat room which can be found at http://www.tweetchat.com/room/IDTheftChat. Anyone who has questions should contact ITRC’s Director of Communications at email@example.com. We hope you will join the conversation and bring your friends!