You are here:
< Back

ITRC Solution 31

You have the right to see a consumer report under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.  Under the FCRA, a “consumer report” may include information other than that which is provided by the credit reporting agencies (CRAs). Additionally, anyone suspecting a problem with fraud or identity theft is entitled to a free report from the CRAs and other agencies which provide rating information about consumers.

Medical Insurance Industry Records

The Medical Information Bureau (MIB) report is used by nearly 500 insurance companies in the United States and Canada. It lets insurers share health medical history to verify medical profiles, including pre-existing conditions, details of medical history and a list of all insurers that received a copy of your file during the last 12 months.  This should be checked by anyone dealing with medical identity theft. MIB’s toll-free number for disclosure is 866-692-6901 (TTY 866-346-3642 for hearing impaired).

Additional Resources

(888) 206-0335
MedPoint Compliance, OptumInsight
2525 Lake Park Blvd,
West Valley City Utah 84120.

Request a copy of your IntelliScript drug history report:
Phone: (877) 211-4816

Request a copy of your insurance claims history:
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Find your local BCBS member company


Utilities and Telephone Records

The National Consumer Telecom and Utilities Exchange, Inc. (NCTUE) collects negative information from many telecommunication and utility companies.  The NCTUE provides a database (managed by Equifax) which is shared by member companies.  Because this information is shared with other companies, it is a consumer report. Therefore, your information must be made available to you for free under the FCRA. You should also be able to correct and delete fraudulent information, and access a list of any entities that accessed this database.

NACM Southwest
P.O. Box 167688
Irving TX 75016-7688
Telephone 972-518-0019


This solution sheet should not be used in lieu of legal advice. Any requests to reproduce this material, other than by individual victims for their own use, should be directed to