Job Title: Marketing Communications Assistant
Reports To: Vice President of Communications
FLSA Status: Hourly
Summary: Provides support for Identity Theft Resource Center’s Communication team. Activities will encompass public relations, digital marketing, social media, development, community outreach and research. Additional duties will also be relevant to meeting mission directive and sponsor deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with members of the Communications team to meet goals related to organizational mission and goals. *
- Assist with planning and implementing online marketing campaigns that drive engagement, traffic and call center volume across digital media*
- Provide support to the Research Analyst in researching necessary key data for inclusion in deliverables*
- Research, manage and maintain media lists for use by the Communications team in their engagement with external media stakeholders*
- Assist with social media management including content creation, scheduling, and reporting *
- Proofread content, including but not limited to social media posts, blog articles, email newsletters and press releases*
- Manage the email newsletter including list management, content implementation, scheduling, delivery and reporting*
- Assist in website management including the updating of existing content, uploading new content and graphic support*
- Manage the vetting and scheduling of community events
- Assist in graphic development for all properties*
- Perform any duties as requested by executive team*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Completion of lower division college classes, Junior or Senior in one of the following disciplines: communications, journalism, marketing, New Media, public relations advertising; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Understanding of AP Style and social media best practices are a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write detailed, tailored correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, capable of mastering use of CRM platform, Acrobat creative suite, social media platforms, project management tools and other programs necessary to operation of the organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, type, and use hands. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
Job Type: Full-time