Vice President of Communications
Position posted: December 18, 2017
Employment Status: Regular, Full-Time
Reports To: President/CEO
About Identity Theft Resource Center:
The Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC) is a non-profit organization established to support victims of identity theft and cybercrime in resolving their cases, and to broaden public education and awareness in the understanding of identity theft, data breaches, cybersecurity, scams/fraud and privacy issues.
The ITRC conducts training and presentations on best practices and risk reduction for both businesses and consumers, provides expert victim assistance at no charge to consumers throughout the United States, educates consumers, corporations, government agencies, and other organizations on best practices for fraud and identity theft detection, reduction and mitigation, and serves as a relevant national resource on consumer issues related to cybersecurity, data breaches, fraud, scams and other issues.
Reporting to the CEO, and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Vice President (VP) of Communications will be responsible for the development of ITRC’s communication strategy and will contribute to ITRC’s organizational strategic planning process. The VP of Communications will refine and implement the established communications plan, directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization's brand reputation.
The VP of Communications will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media. The goal is to advance the organization's position with relevant constituents, as well as to drive broader awareness and donor support for the organization. The VP of Communications will be responsible for ITRC’s varied and integrated communications products and services including: newsletters and other print publications; website content, email blasts, app push notifications, and other online communications; media and public relations; and marketing. This position will also be responsible for the management, oversight, and performance review of the communications staff, and oversight and growth of the development and outreach program and staff.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing, implementing, executing, and evaluating the annual communications/development plan and strategy across ITRC's audiences in collaboration with the President/CEO and Board of Directors.
• Managing the development, design, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, social media, newsletters, brochures, and ITRC’s website.
• Providing oversight and management of communications and development staff.
• Working with the Development Manager to implement and monitor fundraising and public outreach campaigns and ensure all content is consistent with ITRC branding and messaging.
• Working with Vice President of Operations on consumer and victim-centric deliverables and organizational goals.
• Serving as the backup to the President/CEO for media interviews.
• Preparing and monitoring the communications/development budget.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing/public relations or related field and 5+ years of marketing experience at a Director level or above (non-profit environment preferred).
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Adobe programs, and ability to master use of communications related software programs
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
• Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ITRC.
Attitudes, behaviors, and traits:
• Accountability for results.
• Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process development.
• Detail oriented, efficient, and accurate.
• Ability to balance and prioritize tasks and projects.
• Professional, effective communicator.
• Proven team player; ability to collaborate and engage all internal/external stakeholders.
ITRC provides medical insurance as well as paid leave and holidays. The annual salary for this position is $75,000.
ITRC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.